OpenID Auth 2.0 and user-agent neutrality (or, OpenID withREST/SOAP)

Johannes Ernst jernst+apache.org at netmesh.us
Mon Nov 20 22:16:36 UTC 2006

I'm not sure you guys mean this.

Let's say the service endpoint is
     http://example.com/openid-endpoint?service-class=premium

This means that 'service-class=premium' should suddenly be sent
around as a POST parameter?

(I realize that this is not a particular good choice for an endpoint
URL, but I can imagine some places where it may end up that way)

What about this instead:
    When a message is sent as POST, and if an OpenID parameter is
sent both in the argument list to the URL and in the POST payload,
the application processing the HTTP request MUST ignore the value of
the parameter given in the argument list to the URL.

Or, in any case, this rule only applies to OpenID parameters -- we
should not decree what happens to parameters not in the scope of OpenID.