OpenID Auth 2.0 and user-agent neutrality (or, OpenID with REST/SOAP)

John Kemp frumioj at mac.com
Thu Nov 16 19:35:16 UTC 2006

Hi,

Sorry I'm just reading this, but I just wanted to put in a point very
much in favour of NOT deprecating support for HTTP redirects in OpenID 2.0.

I'll note that requiring the user to press a 'submit' button to "push"
seems like a dodgy UI strategy. So then you require JavaScript to
produce a reasonable user experience.

Well, as a representative from the mobile community, I'll tell you that
there are quite a few browsers out there (on deployed mobile phones)
that still don't support JS in any useful way!

So with OpenID 2.0, you may now be requiring many users to click a form
submit.

Regards,

- John