Went Through it With Brad

Johannes Ernst jernst+openid.net at netmesh.us
Fri Nov 10 18:45:41 UTC 2006

I very much believe in backwards compatibility. I believe I'm saying
the same thing that Brad and David were saying in the original
message on this thread. This is a classical case of a tradeoff -- and
non-computer-interpreted version strings is the side I come down on
because I have tried the other and it can get very ugly when machines
mis-guess what happened.