[OpenID] Assertion Quality Extension => openid.importance

Paul Madsen paulmadsen at rogers.com
Tue Dec 12 20:55:55 UTC 2006

Is there not a potential contradiction between an RP expressing both of
'this is very very important to me' and 'I leave it to you as to the
specifics'?

If the RP authenticated the user locally and not through OpenID, and the
resources it was protecting were of any value or sensitivity, it would
surely have this sort of policy over what was an acceptable mechanism.
Does participating in OpenID mean the RP giving up this policy control?
How many such RPs will be willing to pay this price?

Fundamentally, I don't see how acknowledging that the RP may have
certain expectations of the authentication event is somehow in conflict
with user-centrism.

Regards

paul