OpenID IPR Policy Draft

Johannes Ernst jernst+openid.net at netmesh.us
Thu Dec 7 19:50:46 UTC 2006

I agree.

There is also the scenario where somebody does have undisclosed
patents (read: at least all large companies), they consider
themselves to be fine because they don't think any of the current
OpenID discussion relates to them, but then, somebody takes the
conversation into a different direction (say, a new crypto algorithm,
or a way of connecting OpenID to One-click ;-)), and the new
direction does relate to their patents. What now?

It's got to be by actual contribution, not just by passive listening.
Otherwise we scare off way more people than I would like to scare off...