[OpenID] OpenID IPR Policy Draft

Gavin Baumanis gavin.baumanis at rmit.edu.au
Thu Dec 7 05:54:35 UTC 2006

Again - as the new guy...

It gives me a pretty thorough understanding of what's expected.
With regards to your Open Issue (2), Since it is from the community
perspective would it not be appropriate to have;

(obviously my  text will require some tweaking ....)
"When in doubt - Bring to our attention the possibility of a conflict
at the earliest time"

As a a follow-up question - and I am assuming it is a "legal" question
- but does the act of disclosing a conflict / possible conflict have any
possible side-effect along the lines of disclosing
commercial-in-confidence information etc?

>>> "Recordon, David" <drecordon at verisign.com> Thursday, December 07,
2006 06:42 >>>
Hey guys,
Been working with Gabe, and others, on starting to draft an IPR Policy
for OpenID specifications.  We'd appreciate feedback in terms of if
what
is written captures the correct intent of the community?  We realize
the
language isn't technically as tight as it needs to be, though first
want
to make sure it is saying the right thing.  It is largely based on the
IPR Policy for Microformats.

http://openid.net/wiki/index.php/IPR_Policy

Thanks,
--David