[OpenID] OpenID Assertion Quality Extension - Draft

Daniel E. Renfer Duck at Kronkltd.net
Sat Dec 2 09:14:57 UTC 2006

It might be useful to some RP's to know of any complexity schemes put
on users' passwords.

How about:

password.min_length=8
password.max_length=16

the number of characters that the password is between.
password.max_length would probably be more useful as I don't see many
RP's complaining if the OP allows for long passwords. I can see the RP
wanting my password to be at least for characters though.

password.complexity=alphanumeric,mixed-case

a comma separated list of common restrictions to the password's
format. Some possible values: "none", "numeric", "alpha",
"alphanumeric", "lower-case", "upper-case", "mixed-case",
"non-dictionary", "case-insensitive"

"none" or omitting one of the facets would have the effect of allowing
alphanumeric characters of any case + possible some special
characters. case sensitive.

What do you think?

Daniel E. Renfer
http://kronkltd.net/