[Openid-specs-risc] RISC Meeting 4/23 3pm

Adam Dawes adawes at google.com
Mon Apr 23 22:40:33 UTC 2018

Attendees: David Skyberg, Annabelle Backman, Adam Dawes, Marius Scurtescu,
Roshni Chandrashekhar

1. Updates from our face to face

http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs-risc/Week-of-Mon-20180416/000536.html

Everyone on the call except David Skyberg was at the event. He didn't have
any follow up questions.

2. The latest changes from Marius

Changes to RISC profile
http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs-risc/Week-of-Mon-20180423/000537.html

David: There is a spec from Brian Campbell on TLS based client auth
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-07>. We should look at
that.

Marius: We're not ruling that out, implementers can choose to use it fine
but not sure whether this should be required for RISC.

David: Probably right it isn't required but it's okay so long as it is
possible to use it.

Annabelle: Min verification field is dropped. Why?

Marius: will add it back in the spec and create an issue to have a richer
discussion.

Changes to OAuth events
http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs-risc/Week-of-Mon-20180423/000538.html

Annabelle: Change name for token identifier type? Having identitfier and
type in name seems confusing.

Marius: token_identifier_type rename to token_identifier_alg

David: token_revocation_reason, the three values should be suggestions?
These are not normative right? Three types of revocation seems inadequate.
We should discuss if these are meant to be normative.

Group: agree that we should have normative to enable programmatic response
and ability to extend the values.

AI: marius to update to codify values as normative and TODO to create
extension point. Will create issue to bring conversation back up again to
flesh out more values and extension model.

3. Implementers draft
All agree that RISC profile, RISC events, and OAuth events are ready for
Implementer's Draft.
AI: Adam to ask Mike to do final review and feedback before calling for
Foundation vote on Implementer's Draft.

Adam Dawes | Sr. Product Manager | adawes at google.com | +1 650-214-2410