[Openid-specs-risc] RISC Profile

Hardt, Dick dick at amazon.com
Mon Feb 5 21:11:32 UTC 2018

On 2/5/18, 12:38 PM, someone claiming to be "Openid-specs-risc on behalf of Marius Scurtescu via Openid-specs-risc" <openid-specs-risc-bounces at lists.openid.net<mailto:openid-specs-risc-bounces at lists.openid.net> on behalf of openid-specs-risc at lists.openid.net<mailto:openid-specs-risc at lists.openid.net>> wrote:

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 11:29 AM, Phil Hunt <phil.hunt at oracle.com<mailto:phil.hunt at oracle.com>> wrote:
Marius,

Should discovery not be part of SECEVENTs?

Could be. Several parts of this profile could theoretically be moved to secevent. First I think it makes sense to see a complete and consistent solution and then if the secevent working group shows interest we can look at splitting parts out.

Given there is not one in SecEvent now, it needs to be profiled in RISC

<snip>

Section 4 - we had discussions in Singapore that a majority of attendees indicated they need a multi-profile management API.  Why does the RISC document have one?

We went back and forth on this quite a bit. The current management API proposes only one stream between one transmitter and one receiver. Allowing multiple relieve some receivers of the need to implement a dispatcher. We can definitely pick up that discussion.

I think “need” is too strong. A single management API is desired.
Another aspect is that the management requirements of RISC, SCIM, OIDC etc. so far look quite different.
RISC has specific needs, and with a concrete API, there can more easily be a discussion on commonalities, or lack thereof with other SecEvent profiles.

/Dick