[Openid-specs-risc] RISC Drafting Cancelled Today

Adam Dawes adawes at google.com
Mon Dec 18 23:44:54 UTC 2017

Attendees: Chris Heelan, Adam Dawes, Marius Scurtescu, Edmund Jay,
Annabelle Backman, Luke Camery

Below is discussion from today's meeting prepping for Wednesday's F2F.
Please chime in if you have any other ideas for the Wednesday agenda.

Agenda:
Agenda for Wednesday F2F
1) Control plane

-> Should there be one stream or multiple streams between sender/receiver
Use case of receiver wanting to split messages to go to outsource security
vendor but handling session management directly.
How compelling a use case?
Is the complexity worth it for those who don't even want to know about
multiple streams?
Could have the concept of max streams supported by transmitter and
transmitters can set value to 1.
Can get streamconfig, where you get streamid and you post that back for any
changes.
Can also treat it as a static value that receiver just needs to input in
their config like a clientID. Don't need to think about creating streams or
listing APIs.
Getting dynamically is important for service providers managing many
customers/clients.

-> Shape of API
For non-SCIM implementors, the API surface is difficult to digest.
Can we have a basic API and then SCIM can profile for greater SCIM
compatability?
Might be useful to define what the schema that RISC needs independent of
API and get agreement on that. Annabelle will come up with proposal in
slides.

2) Possible spec structure
How all the specs might fit together, how they relate and what is profiling
what.

Adam Dawes | Sr. Product Manager | adawes at google.com | +1 650-214-2410