[Openid-specs-risc] RISC Profile

Hardt, Dick dick at amazon.com
Wed Sep 13 21:25:47 UTC 2017

I just saw this email. You can ignore my other email. ☺

Also, I’d also like to see the OIDF template.

On 9/13/17, 2:15 PM, someone claiming to be "Openid-specs-risc on behalf of openid-specs-risc at lists.openid.net<mailto:openid-specs-risc at lists.openid.net>" <openid-specs-risc-bounces at lists.openid.net<mailto:openid-specs-risc-bounces at lists.openid.net> on behalf of openid-specs-risc at lists.openid.net<mailto:openid-specs-risc at lists.openid.net>> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 7:06 PM, Phil Hunt (IDM) <phil.hunt at oracle.com<mailto:phil.hunt at oracle.com>> wrote:
Oidf has its own publication process and template. Let me know if you need a copy. It uses the older xml2rfc converter.

Yes, please send me the template, or point me to it. Does this mean that we should drop markdown and use only xml? I am fine with xml, just trying to understand the constraints of the tool chain.

What does older version of xml2rfc mean?

The life cycles are the same so i would just keep everything in one risc doc unless there is a good information or technical reason to separate (other then doc mgmt).

As Annabelle mentions, by having two separate specs allows us to have a stable profile spec and a changing event type spec. I think that makes sense.

The IETF would not be a good place for the spec because most cases (at least the explicit cases) stem from OIDC use cases.

Agreed.

The only reason it might be worth discussing at IETF is the implicit cases. That could be done as a new charter in Secevents.  But i think openid is fine unless this is something you feel all email providers need to consider supporting RISC.

IMO the only thing we could consider discussing at IETF is the use case document, but not the profile or the event types.

Phil