[Openid-specs-risc] [RISC-WG] Agenda for today (3pm PDT)

Adam Dawes adawes at google.com
Mon May 15 22:52:06 UTC 2017

Notes:

May 15,

Attendees:Adam Dawes, Marius Scurtescu, Annabelle Backman, Dale Olds,
Henrik Biering, Phil Hunt, Edmund Jay

   -

   F2F Review
   <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1E1wO33adnitJVkfoibHDJeYsZql3i1ImneBxI1aA-HQ/edit?usp=sharing>
   Open Issues
   -

      Decided base URI for all risc events. [AI] MS to send this to the
      list saying that we’ll work from this. Phil comments that URLs should be
      resolvable and bring up docs describing the event.
      -

      Should there be base profile for all OAuth based events (like
      token_revoked).
      -

      Does RISC require OAuth clientID? For control plane or securing the
      data plane, everyone feels ok requiring OAuth clientID/secrets to secure
      that channel. Debate over whether payload semantics should require OAuth
      denominated claims.
      -

      We’re not going to support token_revoked or session_revoked. Use
      cases are not clear. As a design principle, we want to be conservative
      creating claims without clear use cases. It is also likely that
these will
      be defined by OAuth working group.
      -

      Account disabled breaks into three categories
      Allows us to be ambiguous about ToS violation and provides sufficient
      detail on others that would benefit from specific response. Agreement on
      the following buckets:
      -

         Bot abuse
         Recipient may want to deactivate locally as well.
         -

         ToS violation, User initiated deactivation, admin deactivated
         Recipient would want a new recovery/login mechanism from user.
         -

         Hijacked
         Recipient would want to look at risk on account, particularly
         recent use of recovery flows.
         -

   Work Streams
   -

      RISC Profile Spec (profiling SecEvents). Contain RISC events and
      control plane authentication [owner: adam, marius]
      -

      SET Spec: format of the JWT [owner: phil]
      -

      SecEvents Distribution spec:
      -

         Control plane config, two options:
         At next IETF the WG will choose which proposal to adopt.
         -

            Basic REST proposal [owners: marius, annabelle]
            -

            SCIM proposal [owner: phil]
            -

         Data plane config (Post/Pull methods, Error responses). [owners:
         phil]
         -

      Legal
      -

         Organize legal F2F to hammer out common agreement [owner: dick]
         -

      Next F2F
      -

         July: IETF Prague
         -

         Aug/Sept target, hosted by Amazon in Seattle. [owner: dick]