[Openid-specs-risc] FW: Announcing new Identity Events Discussion List (id-event)

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Tue Nov 3 07:11:16 UTC 2015

From: scim [mailto:scim-bounces at ietf.org] On Behalf Of Phil Hunt
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 3:14 PM
To: SCIM WG; <oauth at ietf.org>
Cc: id-event at ietf.org
Subject: [scim] Announcing new Identity Events Discussion List (id-event)

At IETF94, a number of us got together to discuss the emerging event work that is emerging in the Identity space:

* OIDF RISC
* OIDC Logout
* SCIM Notify Events
* OAuth Token Revocations
* Consent Events

The Id-Event discussion list is intended to begin discussion around developing new IDs (and potentially form a WG) for the purpose of defining a JWT message format for Identity Events and to define a possible approach for distribution.

The list was formed after several participants noticed common event requirements that have emerged from SCIM provisioning, OIDC (eg. Logout), RISC Events (e.g. account suspension, reset, take-over), as well as OAuth2 (e.g. token revocations), and consent notification (e.g. consent from a distributes OAuth/UMA system).

At this time, the process and route to standardization for identity events has not been determined. I expect that to be one of the discussions we will have on the list.

The web page for the mailing list is:

Regards,

Phil

@independentid