[Openid-specs-risc] Notes from Friday's meeting

Adam Dawes adawes at google.com
Mon May 25 01:35:33 UTC 2015

Hi all,

On Friday's meeting we spent some time discussing next steps within the
group. I think everyone believes we have done some good work and explored a
lot of issues. But to make more progress, we need to formalize our work
better either in the form of even a poorly written spec or with a concrete
proposal for what one of us would be prepared to build as a service
provider.

Both Andrew Nash of Confyrm and I from Google said we would be willing to
share the latter. But I've been buried with an I/O launch for next week and
then prep for Cloud Identity Summit the second week of June. So, we've
agreed that we'll take a brief hiatus until I can pull together a strawman
proposal towards the end of June.

I've also put together a very simple skeleton of a spec document that we
can do some crowdsourcing on in the meantime:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o1aB5INXE4xlixhANwiurHemg0_GB06Sf095GeigTyE/edit#heading=h.qf6kvtg4s2nz

We're also considering a time change on the call as the current time is
quite EU and APAC unfriendly. Brad has put together a Doodle poll to help
determine a better time. Scheduling is really hard if we don't have a good
feel for everyone's availability, so please take a few minutes to fill out:

http://doodle.com/bk6wwihpawnkbxbg

Finally, we'll keep pressing ahead with the press release
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/16QrQo5O1Afj4sZBZhJDHr9HxTtWERGHdle-0a4B6UT8/edit>.
We'll look to get that out probably the week after next.

The next meeting will probably still be on a Friday. I'm guessing on 6/19
or 6/26. Stay tuned on the list for the notice of the next meet.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

thanks,
AD