[Openid-specs-native-apps] Web Browser news from WWDC

William Denniss wdenniss at google.com
Thu Jul 23 14:28:12 UTC 2015

Hi All,

John and I introduced a new draft at IETF93 yesterday on this topic.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wdenniss-oauth-native-apps-00

Goal is to provide best practices for native apps using the RFC6749
authorization
endpoint, expanding on RFC6749 Section 9.  Specifically, it recommends
using an external user-agent (such as the system browser) for this task
over an embedded user-agent (such as a web-view), and suggests ways to
achieve this.

When implemented, improves security and delivers true SSO for native apps.

Comments welcome. Use the oauth wg list
<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth> for things that are not
specific to NAPPS.

Best,