[Openid-specs-native-apps] Identifying applications.

William Denniss wdenniss at google.com
Fri Aug 8 21:07:04 UTC 2014

I think we can rely on the OS-level assertions to a certain extent – Bundle
ID on iOS, Package Name + Signature on Android.  Google does this today in
its OAuth for Installed Applications implementation.

John's point about an attacker potentially being able to upload an app with
a bundle-id matching an enterprise app to the App store is valid. To
counter that, it may be recommended for the enterprise to create a normal
Developer Account (~$100/yr) just to register the bundle ID (enterprise
accounts don't have this functionality it seems
<http://stackoverflow.com/a/8879763/72176>).  In general I'd say it's
fairly safe even without doing that – for the attack to work, you'd have to
get through Apple's review process, and still convince the user to download
& use the app.

William