[Openid-specs-native-apps] IOS 8 interapp messaging

Preibisch, Sascha H Sascha.Preibisch at ca.com
Wed Jun 4 04:36:16 UTC 2014

Thanks Chuck!

From: Chuck Mortimore [cmortimore at salesforce.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 10:09 AM
To: Preibisch, Sascha H
Cc: Paul.madsen; Lloyd Burch; openid-specs-native-apps at lists.openid.net
Subject: Re: [Openid-specs-native-apps] IOS 8 interapp messaging

See the tail end of the note I just sent for mechanisms to protect against this.

-cmort

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 9:23 AM, Preibisch, Sascha H <Sascha.Preibisch at ca.com<mailto:Sascha.Preibisch at ca.com>> wrote:
I am not sure if this is what you are asking. And it is known probably by most of you.
Any app can register the same custom URL scheme. And it is not deterministic which app will be called by the OS. Therefore passing parameters via custom URLs will carry the risk of passing them to "bad" apps.

Sascha

CA Technologies
Sascha Preibisch, Principal Software Engineer
Mobile Access Gateway
sascha.preibisch at ca.com<mailto:sascha.preibisch at ca.com>