[Openid-specs-mobile-profile] Issue #82: CIBA: Naming of the 3 modes (openid/mobile)

Dave Tonge issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Thu Aug 30 07:28:42 UTC 2018

New issue 82: CIBA: Naming of the 3 modes
https://bitbucket.org/openid/mobile/issues/82/ciba-naming-of-the-3-modes

Dave Tonge:

The consensus (as recorded here https://bitbucket.org/openid/mobile/issues/66/ciba-notification-mode-to-be-notification) for the CIBA draft is that there should be three modes.

The naming of these modes is quite difficult, but here is an initial attempt that Brian and I have worked on:

 - *Polling*: when configured in Polling mode, the Client will poll the token endpoint to get a response with the tokens.
 - *Notification Callback*: when configured in Notification Callback mode, the OP will send a request to a callback uri previously registered by the Client with the unique identifier returned from the Backchannel Authentication Endpoint.
 - *Delivery Callback*: when configured in Delivery Callback mode, the OP will send a request with the tokens to a callback uri previously registered by the Client.

It would be good to get feedback on these names. We are open to alternative names as well.