[Openid-specs-mobile-profile] Issue 52 CIBA Pairwise Identifiers Structuring Text

John Bradley ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com
Wed Jun 14 19:31:39 UTC 2017

Yes the current Connect discovery spec covers redirect URI validation.
http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-registration-1_0.html#SectorIdentifierValidation <http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-registration-1_0.html#SectorIdentifierValidation>

The value of the sector_identifier_uri MUST be a URL using the https scheme that references a JSON file containing an array of redirect_uri values. The values registered in redirect_uris MUST be included in the elements of the array, or registration MUST fail. This MUST be validated at registration time; there is no requirement for the OP to retain the contents of this JSON file or to retrieve or revalidate its contents in the future.

If all of the registered redirect URI are not in the SIU array then the registration MUST fail.

For post back if all of the postback URI are not in the SIU array then registration MUST fail.

What is registration going to check and fail if the client is using CIBA polling and doesn’t control the SIU.

That is why polling is different.

Checking the JWKS is one way it could work if only asymmetric authentication is allowed.

That is not ideal I give you that, but what else is there.  Not having anything largely makes any pairwise identifiers pointless.

John B.