[Openid-specs-mobile-profile] Issue 52 CIBA Pairwise Identifiers Structuring Text

Axel.Nennker at telekom.de Axel.Nennker at telekom.de
Wed Jun 14 19:16:31 UTC 2017

Maybe the point we are talking past each other is that in front channel ONE client_id can have several redirect_uris which lead to different subs when NO sector_identifier_uri is defined while in back channel there are no redirect_uris and there is always a sector_identifier_uri?

So in OIDC (front channel) one legal entity can have one backend server and several mobile apps and in the redirect all apps use the same client_id but different redirect_uris which leads to different subs if no siu is defined and to the same sub if a siu is defined.
Although I wonder why one legal entity might want different subs anyway…

And in OIDC one legal entity which has multiple clients with different client_ids would define a sector_identifier_uri to get the same sub for all clients.
In CIBA the same legal entity with multiple client_ids needs to define a siu to get the same sub or different sius (one for each client_id) if they want different subs.

Although none of this has anything to do with validation of meta-data nor with jwks_uris…

//Axel