[Openid-specs-mobile-profile] Mobile Connect sector_identifier_uri

Manger, James James.H.Manger at team.telstra.com
Thu May 25 02:03:42 UTC 2017

A sector_id is an RP parameter, not an IdP parameter. So it doesn't make sense to have a sector_id "for all MNOs in one country".

A group of MNOs could agree to calculate subs in the same way from an RP's sector_id so they all issue the same subs. But any RPs relying on that to make Account Porting "easy" are basically ensuring the RP will fail to recognise Porting more widely.

--
James Manger