[Openid-specs-mobile-profile] Minor tweaks to spec sources

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Wed Mar 8 01:39:46 UTC 2017

Thanks for clarifying that the sources are in the OpenID bitbucket repository and that the Telstra link is just for rendering purposes.  That satisfies the intent of the IPR policy as far as I'm concerned.  It's in the same category of actions as using xml2rfc on the fly.

I know that there's a bunch of bad links out there now, partly because Bitbucket decommissioned openid.bitbucket.org.  We've largely left it up to the chairs and editors to fix them but if you run across them, sending the chairs a reminder (and cc'ing) me would be helpful.

For what it's worth, the way that the Connect WG uses openid.net/specs is that most work happens at bitbucket.org/openid/connect/.  Only when the working group decides that a set of changes is complete and ready for public use does it manually push a new version to openid.net/specs/.  Those are the stable drafts given individual version numbers and persisted publicly.  It's actually pretty easy and the decision to push a new "current" version out causes the editors to do quality control actions first, like spell checking, reference checking, etc.  We expect people to implement against what's in openid.net/specs.  Only the editors muck with the repository versions.

By the way, I'll say that I appreciate your attention to detail.  It shows in your work.

                                                       Best wishes,
                                                       -- Mike