[Openid-specs-mobile-profile] Preliminary minutes of MODRNA WG Call on August 10th 2016

John Bradley ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com
Fri Aug 12 20:49:26 UTC 2016

One thing for people not on the call.  I think the name is a bit confusing.

In SAML and Connect we do have Authentication server initiated login.

This is like all of the normal flows still Client initiated login in that the RP is initiating it.

The difference is that the client is initiating it via a direct back channel call to the AS rather than via a redirect in the users browser.

I think server initiated login is probably a touch to vague a name.

Something like “Client initiated Backchannel Authentication”  may give people a clearer idea bout what the spec is trying to do.

John B.