[Openid-specs-mobile-profile] login_hint_token format.

Lodderstedt, Torsten t.lodderstedt at telekom.de
Thu Dec 3 17:24:28 UTC 2015

Hi John,

the semantics differs significantly in that the OP must ensure the identity passed in the id_token_hint is authenticated by the transaction whereas login_hint_token is just this, an hint. The result of the authentication transaction may another identity.

Can we relax the semantics of this parameter? I think it could be useful for other use cases as well, e.g. if a RP wants to preset the identity to a certain PPID (but does not want to enforce this particular identity).

best regards,
Torsten.