[Openid-specs-mobile-profile] Comments on draft-mobile-authentication-1

John Bradley ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com
Sun Nov 29 18:38:17 UTC 2015

For login_hint_token,  The main reason to sign it is so that RP don’t start prompting users for phone numbers and creating there own tokens.
I can’t think of any security reason.

For an example of a signed and encrypted JWT see : https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7519#page-26 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7519#page-26>  A.2.

It is more of a policy decision than a technical one to require signing.

We could require integrity protection instead.

That would let the discovery service sign and then encrypt.   The IdP could use a symmetric key to encrypt , and get sender verification in one operation.

John B.