[Openid-specs-mobile-profile] new revision of authentication draft

Torsten Lodderstedt torsten at lodderstedt.net
Sun Nov 15 18:36:47 UTC 2015

Hi Jörg,

thanks for producing the new revision. Here are my comments:

Abstract
In my opinion, this section should focus on the intention of this spec -
profile OIDC authentication to the needs of MNOs. I would suggest to
move the iteration of the different features to the intro section.

Mobile Profile -> MODRNA Profile

§1.2
Please remove lonely "T" after the MSISDN definition

§2 Overview
What's the difference between Intro and Overview? I personaly think §2
and §3 could be combined.

§4

"The acr_values reflect the level of assurance as specified in ISO 29115
[ISO.29115]." Would it make sense to more explicitely refer to ISO 29115
for the actual definition of the LOAs?

"A urn is used to be able to register to IANA." please refer to
respective registry.

What do you mean by "actual methodologies"? Are you refering to
particular authentication methods?

Def of loa2 says "Some confidence in the asserted identifier.", whereas
the intro of this sections states "Identity or claim assurance is not
included in this specification." Which way are we pursuing for MODRNA?

§5

"the users OpenID Provider" -> "the user's OpenID Provider"

I think the example contains one closing curly brace to much.

§8

We should discuss in the group whether account chooser support goes to
discovery or stays here. Independent of this discussion, I would suggest
to remove it from the current revision as account choose is not in scope
for delivery to GSMA.

I think acr_values is currently the onle mandatory feature of this spec.

 From my perspective, the big changes/extensions needed for delivery by
end of Nov are:

- privacy and security considerations
- context parameter spec