[Openid-specs-mobile-profile] Issue #1: Context

GONZALO FERNANDEZ RODRIGUEZ gonzalo.fernandezrodriguez at telefonica.com
Sun Jul 5 12:45:17 UTC 2015

My 2 cents...,

I also agree that there are these two different use cases. In my humble opinion both are authentication use cases from the point of view of Mobile Connect, and is the service provider who use this authentication to authorize a transaction.

I am not sure if the IDP should process the context, store the values of the transaction, etc. I am not saying that is possible, but I guess that is something complicate to generalize to all kind of transactions. It seems to me a solution too much ambitious that will require a lot of effort in bot sides (OP and RP), specially in the OP. Could there be a simpler alternative solution (at least in a first phase) to only allow provide this context in order to the user could compare with the transaction in the RP (e.g: the bank) ? I am talking about a simpler solution like the solution that they have nowdays transaction_id + amount in an SMS?

Best,
Gonza.