[Openid-specs-igov] Oauth2 spec update pushed

Justin Richer jricher at mit.edu
Tue Jan 9 17:01:35 UTC 2018

A thought on claim metadata syntax:

We can’t really add things to the main document without breaking compatibility in really bad ways, so this would need to be in its own structure. But the thought would be to do something for each claim like:

_claim_metadata: {
  “name”: { src: foo, locale: bar, enc: baz },
  “bio”: {locale: batman” … }
}

It’s basically the same info in what’s there now but in a single block structure. I was never a fan of how the claim source is set up in OIDC.

But the more I think about it, I it’s reasonable that the RP might want to get this from a separate call all together, so we might want to step away from defining it at all because a different structure could be defined. Still worth mentioning that attribute metadata is a thing and it doesn’t get fully covered here.

 — Justin