[Openid-specs-igov] iGov and VoT

Justin Richer jricher at mit.edu
Tue Apr 4 17:07:48 UTC 2017

Paul’s pull request is a little off for use of VoT. The request portion is fine, as “vtr” is meant to hold the request for preferred vectors. The response needs to have two components:

vot: the vector value in the format described in the draft
vtm: the trustmark URL that anchors the vector components

For the trustmark, we could provide guidance and point to specific trust marks, or we could leave it be and just remind people that it’s required if the vot is sent.

We shouldn’t use the “acr” value when using VoT.

 — Justin