[Openid-specs-igov] iGov Profile - suggestions for User Identifiers and Claim History

Adam Cooper adam.cooper at digital.cabinet-office.gov.uk
Fri Sep 2 12:47:11 UTC 2016

Re the historical attribute question the metadata does actually help...

In Currency Metadata you have the Last Verification element which denotes
the last point in time when the attribute was "verified as being true and
belonging to the specified individual". This could be used to indicate the
point at which an attribute become a historic attribute rather than
current.

As for the historic attributes (claims) themselves I will have to bow to
the OIDC experts but in JSON it would be useful to express these as arrays
of objects (I have included the metadata for discussion) e.g.

"name-history":[
    {"given_name":"Jane", "family_name":"Jones", "Last
Verification":"2001-11-07"},
    {"given_name":"Jane", "family_name":"Smith", "Last
Verification":"2016-03-01"}
]

Guessing that's not simple in OIDC claims but hope to be corrected...

official: adam.cooper at digital.cabinet-office.gov.uk
official sensitive: adam.cooper at govdigital.gsi.gov.uk