[Openid-specs-igov] igov spec updated

Mike Varley mike.varley at securekey.com
Mon Aug 22 19:36:39 UTC 2016

Hi Phil - on a call back on July 26th we discussed the UserInfo endpoint requirement:
basically we err'd on the side of - Make it a MUST, and privacy conscious ecosystems can just return a 'sub' field with the pairwise anonymous identifier from the id_token (and no other fields - so no new information is actually returned in the UserInfo call).

Also, we couldn't (at the time) think of scenarios where it would be a SHALL NOT. But we didn't think long on it :)

If there are such scenarios, it's easy to change, we should just include the words to guide implementors on when they shall/should and shall not/should not.

MV