[Openid-specs-igov] iGov Call Minutes 1-Mar-16

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Tue Mar 1 15:47:02 UTC 2016

iGov Call Minutes 1-Mar-16

Adam Cooper
Paul Grassi
John Bradley
Sarah Squire
Mike Varley
Chris Chapman
Justin Richer
Bjorn Hjelm
Tony Nadalin
Mike Jones

The chairs Adam, Paul, and John opened the meeting

Justin Richer reported that the HEART specs are now Implementer's Drafts
              John Bradley said that that means the IPR contributions for those specs are locked in
              Therefore, we're free to use parts of them if we choose

Mike Jones expressed the view that it would be useful to drive feature selection from use cases
              As we work on specifications, it would also be useful to write rationale for the selected features in the specs
Mike stated that not all use cases are likely to use all the features specified in the profile
              For instance, while the profile might include the ability to encrypt claims from the UserInfo Endpoint,
                             not all use cases will use or need that feature
              Therefore, while servers implementing the profile will provide the features, clients will be free to choose the set they use
              Justin stated that that was also the intent of the HEART specifications

Use cases are going to be contributed to the mailing list
Paul Grassi had already sent some a few months ago
Paul Grassi agreed to coordinate going through the use cases
Mike Jones asked who else we should ask for use cases from
Adam Cooper will talk to his contacts in the EU asking for their use cases
              Adam said that that's a pretty active group
              The BFENX project is one possible contributor
Tony said that we should try to pull in John Knight from New Zealand
              John will follow up with the New Zealanders

The new Extended Authentication Profile (EAP) working group is doing related work
              Tony reported that a goal there is being able to use FIDO authentication with Connect
              John said that using IETF Token Binding with Connect is also a goal
                             Tony agreed, saying that the EAP specs would define the format for public keys used, etc.
              Mike said he had asked for a mailing list for EAP to be created and would create the openid.net Web pages this week

Mike asked if we could change the call time to 8am Pacific, which would be 4pm in the UK and 5pm in Europe
              We agreed to do that

We will talk again in two weeks on March 15th