[Openid-specs-heart] First new ONC policy draft doesn't address HEART

Adrian Gropper agropper at healthurl.com
Fri Jan 19 04:51:50 UTC 2018

I always hold both Debbie and you as examples of the best of what ONC has
done under HITECH and I trust that will continue under Cures.

To add a bit of fuel to this fhir (sorry), here's the VA trying to deal
with consent
https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2018/01/19/2018-00758/consent-for-release-of-medical-records
TL;DR the VA wants to accept a consent without directly getting it from the
patient.

Federations only work among peers. The TEFCA Common Agreement, no matter
how you spin it, is a national health record with policies controlled by
HHS. A federation that crosses VA, CMS, private hospitals, labs,
pharmacies, payers, individual physicians, all the way to long-term-care
facilities and addiction treatment programs can only be based on robust
patient consent as the common denominator.

HEART is the only standards-based path to robust patient consent.

Adrian

--

Adrian Gropper MD

PROTECT YOUR FUTURE - RESTORE Health Privacy!
HELP us fight for the right to control personal health data.
DONATE: https://patientprivacyrights.org/donate-3/