[Openid-specs-heart] Case for HEART

Adrian Gropper agropper at healthurl.com
Sun Aug 20 01:37:26 UTC 2017

Thank you, Danny.

There are three ways to look at the role of HEART, and all three point to
the same issue:

   - Danny's Byzantine Access or Casey's Portalosis
   - Lygeia's post about corporations controlling access to our personal
   devices
   http://thehealthcareblog.com/blog/2017/08/17/a-mystery-mission-in-la-aetna-apple-and-a-vision-of-digital-healths-future-part-1/#comment-861503

   - 21st Century Cures law call for Longitudinal Health Records

All three of these very different perspectives are satisfied when the
patient is able to specify the UMA / HEART Authorization Server.
Conversely, none of them is satisfied if different service providers, be
they HIPAA covered entities or wearable devices, can impose their choice of
Authorization Server on the patient.

Adrian

On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 4:38 PM, Danny van Leeuwen <danny at health-hats.com>
wrote:

> Check out my blog post this week.
> Byzantine Access to My Health Data Serves Whom? Not Me
> <http://www.health-hats.com/byzantine-access-health-data-serves-not/>
> http://www.health-hats.com/byzantine-access-health-data-serves-not/
>
> Danny van Leeuwen, Opa, RN, MPH, CPHQ
> Health Hats
> 617-304-4681 <(617)%20304-4681> (c)
> www.health-hats.com (blog)
> @healthhats (Twitter)
> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/healthhatsdannyvl/>

Adrian Gropper MD

PROTECT YOUR FUTURE - RESTORE Health Privacy!
HELP us fight for the right to control personal health data.