[Openid-specs-heart] Draft HEART Meeting Notes 2017-05-22

Sarah Squire sarah at engageidentity.com
Mon May 22 20:15:07 UTC 2017

Attending:

Debbie Bucci

Justin Richer

Adrian Gropper

Cait Ryan

Eve Maler

Jim Kragh

Luis Maas

Nancy Lush

Sarah Squire

Thompson Boyd

Debbie:

We have one order of business today - deciding whether to move the drafts
to implementer’s drafts officially.

Justin:

I would like to show some of the work I’ve done on the profiles first to
make sure that everyone has a chance to review it before we make any
decisions.

Nancy:

I’d like to specify that purpose of use is not a role.

Justin:

Please suggest new text to the list

Debbie:

How would you change it?

Nancy:

I think of it as “intent vector”

Debbie:

So it sounds like we’re not moving forward yet for that reason.

Justin:

So if we changed “researchers” to “research” would that be sufficient?

Nancy:

I don’t want this to hold up the process, though. We can change it in the
next draft.

Justin:

It’s up to the chairs to decide whether the group is ready to move it
forward.

Eve:

I’m fine with moving it forward.

Justin:

I’ll get those changes in and send a note to the list.

Edmund:

Would “terms of service uri” work for this “purpose of use” reason?

Justin:

Those are supposed to be “human-readable” which doesn’t work for this
purpose.

Edmund:

Is there a need for runtime switching of purpose of use?

Justin:

That has yet to be determined.

Debbie:

I agree with moving this forward. Eve?