[Openid-specs-heart] Purpose of Use

John Moehrke johnmoehrke at gmail.com
Tue May 16 17:42:42 UTC 2017

well... if not third party access, then normal OAuth will work just fine...

See the fine work done leveraging this patient right of access, Sync for
Science
https://www.healthit.gov/buzz-blog/health-innovation/nih-and-onc-launch-the-sync-for-science-pilot/

And if you are finding that normal OAuth or even lesser technology
(username/password) is not working, then adding another layer of OAuth/UMA
is not likely to fix the problem...

again, I am not arguing that Patient Right of Access is universally
accepted and implemented... Just that adding more technology will not fix a
fundamental misunderstand. A misunderstanding that HHS has tried over and
over to fix.

Of course, I live in Wisconsin were there is no such data blocking...   :-)

John Moehrke
Principal Engineering Architect: Standards - Interoperability, Privacy, and
Security
CyberPrivacy – Enabling authorized communications while respecting Privacy
M +1 920-564-2067
JohnMoehrke at gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnmoehrke
https://healthcaresecprivacy.blogspot.com
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" ("Who watches the watchers?")