[Openid-specs-heart] Licensing data

Justin Richer jricher at mit.edu
Wed Mar 1 21:29:53 UTC 2017

Thanks, the text below will be helpful in fixing the editorial sections around the normative component.

The current syntax isn’t a human-readable name, it’s a URL representing the entity. This can easily accommodate all of the below. I’m hesitant to add more structure to this beyond a reference, since at the end of the day it’s still up to the RP to decide if it trusts a particular IdP to claim the relationship between a given user (the current user, authoritative at the IdP) and the “credentialing" body. I don’t think we want to have the organizations below list their members directly, since doctors would have to get any and all accounts listed in the appropriate bodies. This way the IdP can carry the link and if the RP trusts the IdP to make that claim then it can take it in with everything else.

How these links get made is (currently) out of scope and a good avenue for future work.

 — Justin