[Openid-specs-heart] Alice's health resource set

Aaron Seib aaron.seib at nate-trust.org
Tue Aug 2 15:57:49 UTC 2016

I am missing something.

FHIR is a layer of abstraction from the actual way the data is stored by the RS.  A resource set is a view of that abstraction layer.  I am not sure I see a burden if it is done correctly.  That has been one of the reported benefits of using FHIR – the ability to get only the data you need for the use case your consumer wants to solve.  The notion of minimum necessary.

What am I missing.  Either I was sold on hype that hasn’t materialized yet or I don’t understand the question.

Toward the end you say that HEART can certainly profile subsets of FHIR.  Are you just indicating a preference to have the views being created by the HEART side of the equation?  Doesn’t that extinguish the minimum necessary benefits that FHIR could support?

Aaron Seib, CEO

@CaptBlueButton

 (o) 301-540-2311

(m) 301-326-6843