[Openid-specs-heart] What data Alice might want on a virtual clipboard or common data set

Danny van Leeuwen danny at health-hats.com
Sat Jul 30 15:55:03 UTC 2016

Interoperable data set still appear focused primarily on billing
requirements and not clinical needs.

The biggest thing missing is *care planning*:

What are Alice's health goals?
Who's doing what, by when?
How's progress?
What are Alice's health risks and how can she avoid them and manage when
they aren't avoidable?

For example:  Alice has high blood pressure (probably, but not for sure in
the problem list). Her health goals are:
1. Settle on medication(s) with manageable side effects
2. Take that medication as prescribed
3. Take her blood every day and send it to her PCP
4. Risk is dizziness, which she still has every day

I understand that this is out of scope: this data project is about the
Common Data Set, authorizing and being notified about sharing that data.
Few EHRs do a good job collecting, managing, or sharing care planning data
among people at the center of care. It's fluid, not static. (look how poor
medication data is).  It's just so frustrating to me that there really is
no place to have the conversation about '*what data?' I tried to have it on
the Blue Button Plus Data Work group and failed miserably. Any ideas from
you good folk?*

--
Danny van Leeuwen
617-304-4681