[Openid-specs-heart] Resources vs Resource sets

Aaron Seib aaron.seib at nate-trust.org
Tue Jul 26 21:28:38 UTC 2016

I am getting foggy on my understanding of where things are heading.  I follow the notion that magic will happen on the resource server side that will tag data using the confidentiality codes.  What I don’t follow is who does the coding for that informs this magic on how it should work?

It may be a sin amongst this crowd but I am thinking of how DS4P is designed.  There is a code set that gets populated by some “authority”” and the software says – oh this code is found in my table of HIV related codes and I tag it as HIV.

For me the entire DS4p scheme falls down because no one has the authority to say if you populate your Code sets with these values then you follow the clients preference you are in a safe harbor and no one can ding you for sharing when you shouldn’t.

John – where you say this should include the patient UX am I to understand that for a given code set the every patient will have the opportunity to configure what is in that code set of things that get tagged with a confidentiality code?

I think that is an improvement over DS4P but it still hinges on the question – am I as the RS disclosing a patient’s data doing so in a safe harbor if I allow the patient to customize what they consider sensitive or not?

Or is that the bit of Harry Potter magic that takes place?  Or should we be explicit and say that it is another assumption about the CEs in the role of discloser being compliant if they allow the patient to configure the LOV to aligg with their own sensitivities?

Aaron Seib, CEO

@CaptBlueButton

 (o) 301-540-2311

(m) 301-326-6843