[Openid-specs-heart] Considering profiling resource sets/scopes for the "before first visit" sharing scenario

John Moehrke johnmoehrke at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 12:49:41 UTC 2016

Hi Adrian,

Small but important clarification. The confidentiality classifications I
gave are universal in healthcare. They are used in all forms of HL7,
including FHIR and CDA. They are used in DICOM. They are used in IHE
XDS/XCA and Direct. There is even a mapping to 13606 equivalent risk scale.
So by starting with this group you are not picking something special for
FHIR, but you are picking something that works with FHIR and other
exchanges. In all of these cases this value-set is built right into the
core of each of these standards.  We could use a smaller subset, like older
CDA did.  Note this set also supports when data has been de-identified and
thus moved to a lower risk, where lower risk is an assessment and an
appropriate movement down the scale. So it even works where
differential-privacy might move the data down to "M" or "L".

Are we tying to determine the FINAL list of scopes? Or just a starter set
that seems to be useful? I was hoping we were just looking for something
useful. I understand that our need is to enable interoperability, as the
scopes do need to be agreed to by all parties. Thus this starter set just
gets us back to focusing on the HEART specifics. Scopes are infinitely
expandable so the starter set can be enhanced or even replaced (deprecated)
later.

John

John Moehrke
Principal Engineering Architect: Standards - Interoperability, Privacy, and
Security
CyberPrivacy – Enabling authorized communications while respecting Privacy
M +1 920-564-2067
JohnMoehrke at gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnmoehrke
https://healthcaresecprivacy.blogspot.com
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" ("Who watches the watchers?")