[Openid-specs-heart] HEART Meeting notes 2016-05-16

Adrian Gropper agropper at healthurl.com
Wed May 18 14:41:55 UTC 2016

@Eve, I'm going to use Type 1, 2, and 3 from now on. I hope we all do.

@John, You seem to understand my perspective better than most. My WHAT is
very simple: To solve the multiple portals problem (someone coined the
affliction of Portalosis). This is why Eve's Type 1 delegation (agency) is
foundational to HEART. Type 2 and 3 are also important but they are
secondary to Type 1 relative to my WHAT. There are _separate_ notification
issues for all three delegation patterns.

@John, We agree that there are two different authorization models (let's
abbreviate them as UI vs. Consent) for this discussion. FHIR is critical to
both. Consent management and access to FHIR resources that apply to more
than one patient may also be in-scope for FHIR but I see that as peripheral
to my WHAT.

As John points out, if the WHAT is a cure for Portalosis, we are faced with
two paths: UI or Consent and they are not exclusive. FHIR can, and maybe
should, support both. HEART, however needs to prioritize UI over Consent
because our charter says that Alice can _build_ her authorization server.
This is obviously a HOW issue and the source of some confusion. I cannot
imagine HOW a Consent path to the cure can work with an Alice-built
authorization server. Therefore, I don't say that the Consent path is out
of scope for HEART but I do think we need to solve the UI path first.

Adrian