[Openid-specs-heart] Updated Use Case: Patient Authorizes Clinical Research

Scott Shorter sshorter at kimbleassociates.com
Wed Mar 9 18:54:23 UTC 2016

Hello Glen,

Looks good, but I am confused about the de-identification and re-identification process.  The diagram shows a “reidentification engine” - what’s the concept of operations for that?  Does the de-identification process include registering with one of these engines to enable re-identification?  Or is the de-identification assumed to be reversible?

Is this explained in the ISO/TS 25237 document referenced in footnote 2?  I’m not familiar with that, I will confess that most of what I know about de-identification I learned from NISTIR 8053 (http://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/ir/2015/NIST.IR.8053.pdf).

Thanks,
Scott