[Openid-specs-heart] The Number and Ownership of Authorization Servers.

Robert Horn robert.horn at agfa.com
Wed Dec 16 16:30:07 UTC 2015

This diverges significantly but to understand the risks you need to know
harms and probabilities.  Is that person wrong about that email danger?
What are the potential harms to that person? What are the probabilities
that this exposure will result in harm?  What are the cumulative risks and
correlated risks?  We've got pitifully little data.  That person who
turned red might be entirely correct that for their situation and the PHI
involved the integrated probability and degree of harm from disclosure is
much less than the integrated probability and degree of harm from lack of
disclosure.

For example, I think the probable harm from disclosing my dentist
appointment (which is PHI) in unprotected email is less than the harm from
missing the appointment.  So I let them send email appointment reminders.
I also do not let them use their web portal for me.  It looks poorly
implemented and would expose too much else.

I think our goal in this is to establish mechanisms that will enable
appropriate actions as we gain understanding of risks and as risks evolve.
 Don't assume you've got the right risk assessment at the moment.

Kind Regards,

Robert Horn | Agfa HealthCare
Interoperability Architect | HE/Technology Office
T  +1 978 897 4860

Agfa HealthCare Corporation, Gotham Parkway 580, Carlstadt, NJ 07072-2405,
USA
http://www.agfahealthcare.com
http://blog.agfahealthcare.com
Click on link to read important disclaimer:
http://www.agfahealthcare.com/maildisclaimer