[Openid-specs-heart] Additional Considerations for the "Alice Consents to Clinical Research" Use Case

Aaron Seib aaron.seib at nate-trust.org
Thu Sep 24 21:05:23 UTC 2015

I ran two IRBs (Cancer Adult and Peds) for a while in a previous life.  As you state:

“The key issue is whether an "informed consent" <document> is sufficient to provide <enough> information to the patient, or whether it's necessary to ensure the patient is actually informed by it.”

As this has been debated since the end of WWII, I full heartedly support the notion of keeping this debate out of the scope for HEART and make the assumption that from the system perspective there is a triggering event that conveys that the consumer has satisfied the policy requirements established to demonstrate informed consent.

Aaron

Aaron Seib, CEO

@CaptBlueButton

 (o) 301-540-2311