[Openid-specs-heart] Draft HEART Meeting Notes 2015-08-10

Sarah Squire sarah at engageidentity.com
Mon Aug 10 21:21:53 UTC 2015

Most of the discussion was captured in the use case document itself, but I
noted the discussion topics here as well just for future reference.

Attending:

Debbie Bucci

Sarah Squire

Danny van Leeuwen

Andy Oram

Robert Horn

Mark Russell

William Kinsley

Eve Maler

Adrian Gropper

Glen Marshall

Andrew Hughes

Corey Spears

Tom Sullivan

Abbie Barbir

Thomas Hardjono

Justin Richer

Edmund Jay

Catherine Schulten

Chad Evans

Next steps:

We will continue to address this use case next week.

Notes:

We worked on closing out issues on the enrollment use case document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IvbdWerdvMuA1dQ-KQvVKqIBrAas7FoenNVUtgpqYrw/edit

Are registration and enrollment interchangeable?

Registration is being used for Alice to enroll with both her doctor’s
practice and the practice’s patient portal. We could use registration to
mean practice registration and enrollment to mean EHR enrollment. When we
use the term “known to the practice” it means that the practice has seen or
heard from the patient and the practice has checked for insurance
eligibility. A patient can be enrolled into an EHR by a staff member or
they can enroll themselves. We decided to use the term “register” in the
title rather than enroll since we are referring to the practice.

The PHR and EHR already have an established relationship in this use case
so that we do not have to address dynamic registration or service
discovery. We have made the decision not to address this problem so that we
can focus on other technical questions.

Acknowledgement of receipt of privacy practices is peripheral.

We have removed the waiting room step since it has been captured in
previous steps.

We confirmed that the doctor does record the results of the physical
examination directly into the EHR without any sort of later transcription.

We should not use the word “results” with regard to a physical exam. We
should use the phrase “clinical findings.”

The lab results are peripheral but have been included so that we can come
back to them later.

The lab results should also include patient instructions such as fasting -
this is also peripheral.

The problem statement is to autoupdate through the PHR and message through
the PHR.

Sarah Squire
Engage Identity
http://engageidentity.com