[Openid-specs-heart] Public FHIR Endpoints - are there any OAUTH endpoints to register and test

Aaron Seib aaron.seib at nate-trust.org
Tue Jul 21 12:51:09 UTC 2015

I am in the same boat as Justin – Dragon and I had a sidebar about this a week or so back and came to the same conclusion.

The Use case should determine what is employed.  I am a visual guy – if we had a set of concentric circles OAUTH would be the center, a band of both OAUTH and UMA would surround that and then UMA would be the outer band.

Probably not helpful without some arrows that label the use case supported by each band but that is the way I have pictured it.  I am not sure that visualization stands up as I don’t know that you ever have a use case with UMA in isolation of OAUTH.  Can someone correct me?

It might help to spell out a specific use case in the legacy language of disclosure based on push:

1.      EMR1 sends protected health data to PHRA;

2.      Consumer using PHRA sends content from (1) to EMR2

3.      EMR2 receives content and its workflow can differentiate between PGHD and data that is unchanged since it left EMR1.

Could anyone on this thread convert this transaction into the OAUTH\UMA domain so that a layman would understand?

Aaron Seib, CEO

@CaptBlueButton

 (o) 301-540-2311

(m) 301-326-6843