[Openid-specs-heart] Principles for selecting "Vanilla" OAuth vs. UMA

Justin Richer jricher at mit.edu
Wed Jul 1 19:50:37 UTC 2015

Of the set, I prefer option #2. That is to say, if we can solve it simply with OAuth, then let’s just do an OAuth version of it. If you’ve got a way to apply UMA to it, or it requires UMA, then sure, do so. But I think that we should simplify the alice-to-alice case to vanilla OAuth wherever we can.

Remember, this is for understanding specific use cases, and not for the work that HEART is doing overall. We’ll still produce profiles for OAuth and UMA (and the various bits and bobs that go with that). The question is when to apply which one to our use cases to understand what’s happening.

 — Justin