[Openid-specs-heart] Registry

Debbie Bucci debbucci at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 12:37:05 UTC 2015

Hi Josh

Understood and same page.

Assume the registry could also be use to possibly display a subset of
entries in a UI  ..like... PHRs  known/approved/registered with a
particular provider portal (pcp)

Thanks much!

On Jul 1, 2015 8:24 AM, "Josh Mandel" <Joshua.Mandel at childrens.harvard.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Debbie,
>
> Just to make sure we're on the same page here: OAuth 2.0 Dynamic Client
Registration doesn't, in general, require a "registry" to function. It's
designed to work well in an environment where clients talk directly to an
authorization server and register themselves.

> That said, registries can be a useful addition to the ecosystem as a way
to provide some "certified" or "registered" or "pre-approved" or "trusted"
claims about a given client. In the Blue Button REST API, we did produce a
(very minimal) registry; details are at:
https://github.com/blue-button/static-registry-example .

> Best,
>
>   Josh
>
> On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 8:06 AM, Debbie Bucci <debbucci at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> For my own understanding/research/testing would someone please point me
to an operational [dynamic client discovery] registry in use today   I did
not see a link to one on the BB+ API site -  but that is where I'd like to
start -  I looked at the two obvious places but could only see options to
download bundles.     The spec looks complete - lots of thought went into
it.   I'd hope its in use somewhere.   If there are other projects using
one - that may be helpful as well -- at least to compare the schema.  I
know that SAML registries are used to express all sorts of relevant
technical and policy information and there was even a desire to have a
common registry across protocols.  If this is moving towards
standardization would be a good thing to know as well.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lists.openid.net_mailman_listinfo_openid-2Dspecs-2Dheart&d=BQICAg&c=qS4goWBT7poplM69zy_3xhKwEW14JZMSdioCoppxeFU&r=c7b1QeR755-dBx2b0xnlepDTylromoEzcLl-6ixmBL3TpXSxSvtAvT553fzSgLpm&m=pbBoTMv9ZiuNJk3HWJm66QHJ8SOWUYv3iUF5pBV7fZk&s=35P2o0wT1BhSnvENUrY8f-CycDGl72GiESIrG0kwFcw&e=