[Openid-specs-heart] Registry

Josh Mandel Joshua.Mandel at childrens.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 1 12:24:22 UTC 2015

Hi Debbie,

Just to make sure we're on the same page here: OAuth 2.0 Dynamic Client
Registration doesn't, in general, require a "registry" to function. It's
designed to work well in an environment where clients talk directly to an
authorization server and register themselves.

That said, registries can be a useful addition to the ecosystem as a way to
provide some "certified" or "registered" or "pre-approved" or "trusted"
claims about a given client. In the Blue Button REST API, we did produce a
(very minimal) registry; details are at:
https://github.com/blue-button/static-registry-example .

Best,

  Josh